- 2013 (115)
- 2012 (299)
- 2011 (392)
- 2010 (372)
- Black Friday is Upon us! Run…
- Thank You Readers :-)
- A year of reflection. A day of thanksgiving.
- Holiday Traditions
- Cabbage Rolls
- Where has it gone?
- Good News, Bad News, Excerpt!
- The Enchanted Flute by Nichelle Gregory
- Religion in Paranormal Romance
- Keeping It Short
- FATE IS A FICKLE...
- Zapped Back in Time
- Mining for gold
- What do you read when you need to write?
- Excerpt Monday
- Interview with V. J. Devereaux
- My Favorite Vampire Series
- Interview with J. Morgan!
- Interview with Serena Shay
- Twisted Fairy Tales
- Contest Results!
- Halloween is drawing to a close by Sandra Sookoo
It is eight days until they light the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. It’s really a sight. Last year, on our way to see a Broadway show, Ralph and I walked several blocks to see the tree. Most years, we miss it.
It was freezing cold but we were bundled up and moving quickly. This was more than I could say for most of the people surrounding the tree. Had no one ever heard that it is cold in NYC in December?
Anyway, I thought at the time that we could make it a tradition, every year we could go and see the Christmas tree. But, I think, with the birth of the new baby, we will not be going back into the city to see it. Maybe next year.
A few weeks ago, my son said to me ‘Mama, the next holiday is Thanksgiving.” He ‘s four and we’d just concluded Halloween. I told him that was correct. He then continued to say “For Thanksgiving, we go to Uma’s house.” Uma, for the record, is my mother.
Four years and he already knows all of our holiday traditions.
What are your holiday traditions? Have you ever tried to adopt a new one?